Your account has a number of options available concerning the privacy and security of call recordings. Using these settings, you have the option to control who has access to recordings in your account, restricting access to only users who really need to listen to calls. You can also require an account password to listen to recordings from your account, and you can set audio file links to expire after a certain number of days.
For more information about recordings and account security, see the following articles:
Requiring Passwords and Expiring Links
- Navigate to Settings → Account Settings, then click or scroll down to the Security section of the page.
- In the Password Protected Recordings section, use the toggles to require user login, an additional security login, or both.
- User login requires a DFF username and password in order to listen to call recordings.
- Custom username and password allows you to create a specific username and password that must be entered in order to listen to call recordings.
- In the Time-Limited Recordings section, use the field to set how many long a shared recording link will be valid. This includes call recording links that are shared manually, through notifications, or through call log exports. Setting this field to 0 will prevent links from expiring.
- Click Update Security.
You can use access control groups to limit which users in your account can see the audio column in the call log, play back recorded calls, or download audio files.
To limit call recording access with access controls:
- Navigate to Settings → Access Control Groups and click edit next to the group you wish to update.
- If you do not already have an access control group in your account, follow the instructions here to learn how to create one.
- Click or scroll down to the Log Column Access section of the page.
- Here, you can use the checkboxes to toggle which sections of the call log the users assigned to this group can see or interact with. For call recordings, the following options will be relevant:
- Audio controls the entire “Audio” column in the call log. If this box is unchecked, users assigned to this group will not be able to see that column at all.
- Audio playback (and live listen) controls the playback element of the Audio column. If this box is unchecked, users can see the Audio column, but cannot play the recording.
- Hide audio download links disables the option for these users to download call recordings.
- Click Save Changes.